Oshkosh Civility Pledge ~ Building A Strong Community
The Oshkosh Civility Pledge:
We build a stronger and more diverse community by actively sharing our ideas and opinions with others in thoughtful and considerate ways. By practicing this basic commitment to civility, we learn and grow from one another - even in disagreement.
Today and Every Day I Aspire to Practice the following Skills:
1. Pay Attention - Be Aware of Others & Sensitive to the Immediate Context of Actions
2. Listen Closely - Understand Other Points of View
3. Be Inclusive - Welcome All; Don't Exclude Anyone
4. Don't Gossip - Remind Others of the Importance of this Practice
5. Show Respect - Honor Others (Especially in Disagreement)
6. Be Agreeable - Find Opportunities to Agree
7. Apologize Sincerely - Repair Damaged Relationships
8. Give Constructive Comments, Suggestions & Feedback - No Personal Attacks (Focus on Issues)
9. Accept Responsibility - Don't Shift Blame; Share Disagreements Publicly
"It's not what you say. It's how you say it."
See Pledge Signatories here